REAPER (Rapid Environment for Audio Prototyping and Efficient Recording) is designed for the recording, arrangement, editing, mixing and rendering of audio.
- Support for an unlimited number of audio tracks.
- Audio tracks are all fully routable (multiple inputs, outputs).
- Volume, pan controls and envelopes per track.
- Supports audio processing plug-ins (DirectX, DXi, VST, VSTi, and Jesusonic) with automation, easy chain manipulation and editing.
- Pitch shifting and time stretching.
- Fast, reasonable and usable Windows-style UI, working well on both low and high resolutions or multiple monitors.
- ASIO, Kernel Streaming, WaveOut, and DirectSound support for playback and recording.
- Reads WAV, OGG, MP3 and MIDI files, records WAV and MIDI files.
- Can render to WAV, OGG, MP3 if lame is installed.
- Full SMP support (can utilize 2 or more processors).
- Multi-layer undo/redo support.
- User creatable color themes.