Native instruments today released the long-awaited Reaktor 6, the latest version of its software modular synthesizer.
The update features Blocks – Eurorack-style virtual modules; new power developer features, an updated user interface; and more.
Here’s what’s new in Reaktor 6:
- Blocks – Blocks are the new rack-style framework in REAKTOR 6. Blocks offer the speed and flexibility of modular patching, combined with all the benefits of working in the digital domain. Get total recall of complex rack creations. Load as many instances of oscillators, filters, VCAs, LFOs and sequencers as you need. Blocks and Blocks patches can also be shared by the Reaktor community.
- Power Developer Features – Three key additions extend REAKTOR’s workflow efficiency and sampling power at the Core level.
- The Table Framework feature allows flexible and efficient data sharing throughout REAKTOR, including from Primary to Core levels. This opens up new possibilities for building custom sampler engines.
- Bundled wires are like multicore cables, making intra-level patching cleaner and more elegant.
- Scoped buses allow ‘wireless’ connectivity across multiple structure levels.
- Major Library Updates – Both Primary and Core Macro libraries have been re-organized for ease of use with new categories and more intuitive folder structures. This makes prototyping and instrument building workflows more efficient.
- The Core library macros have been re-written for improved sound quality and more efficient use of CPU, letting you build more complex devices that sound better than ever.
- The library is also extended to include new anti-aliased oscillators, ZDF filters, envelopes, LFOs, effects, and sampler macros that make use of the Table Framework.
- New User Interface – Numerous interface improvements give builders increased readability and optimized use of screen space.
- Curved and colored anti-aliased wires allow builders to quickly differentiate wire and port types visually.
- There are also numerous builder workflow enhancements including improved structure editing, and a revised property and navigation panel.
System Recommended :
Mac OS X 10.9 or 10.10 (latest update, 64-bit only), Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM
Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD AthlonTM 64 X2, 4 GB RAM