Deft Compressor is an audio signal compressor plug-in.
The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by the compressor’s timing function that closely resembles the S-curve on both attack and release stages. The S-curve timing function also helps the compressor to sound “warm” and “clean” at most settings.
While at high attack settings Deft Compressor can be used to emphasize audio transients, it can also be used to “smash” the audio signal if you use attack settings as low as 0.1 millisecond.
Deft Compressor also features a so-called “vintage” compression mode which produces compression sound reminiscent of analog valve compressors: it produces a warm, gently saturated sound with the ability to overdrive the output signal.
Deft Compressor is perfectly usable for compressing vocals, drums, guitars and other instruments, both technically and creatively. Beside that, it can be used to compress mix groups and full mixes.
- S-curve timing function.
- “Vintage” compression mode.
- Multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- Zero processing latency.
- Fixed crash in WaveLab 8.5.
- Implemented color scheme editor with load and save functions.
- Added “Brown”, “White” and “Cyan” color schemes.
- Redesigned the infrastructure controls.
- Made internal channel names start at “C” to reduce confusion with the A/B comparison buttons.