As a sound professional, you sometimes simply can’t afford to throw away a recording contaminated by noise and/or reverberation. An actor’s genius performance, a singer’s perfect vocal take, a musician’s moment of true inspiration: in all these cases you have to save the original sound. While there are a number of tools on the market that sound professionals use to deal with noise and reverberation, they require that you deal with noise and reverberation separately and their workflows can be complex and time consuming. ERA-D from accusonus changes all that by providing the first restoration plugin that simultaneously removes noise and reverberation. ERA-D is based on an advanced technology and a simple and straightforward user interface that manages noise and reverb problems faster and more effectively than any currently available workflow.
Noise and reverberation are around us all the time. But these normal sounds of every day life can be a complex sea of ever-changing distortion that an audio editor must wrestle with. Traditional tools cope with noise or reverberation separately and their simplistic algorithms fail to “understand” the complexity and interdependency of noise [&] reverberation. The brain trust at accusonus, recognized as academic experts in the field of audio analysis, exhaustively researched both the common and distinct sonic elements of noise and reverberation and set out to develop technology that could analyze and manage them either separately or together. The result is ERA-D.
ERA-D’s patented technology (US 9,060,052) is also the first to analyze information from multiple microphones; when more than one microphone is available, the ERA-D explores the multichannel information to better suppress reverb and/or noise. The product offers unique solutions to problems that couldn’t have previously been solved. ERA-D features a flexible signal-processing engine that allows for dramatic improvement of sound quality and saves recordings that would have otherwise been unsalvageable. And all of this comes with a slick, innovative interface that allows you to quickly achieve astonishing results.
After more than 10 man-years of R[&]D, more than 30 scientific papers and chapters in technology books, and a recently granted US patent, the game-changing accusonus ERA-D is ready to shake the audio post-production world:
- De-Noise and De-Reverberation knobs function in single or dual mode[nbsp].
- 4 Modes of Operation:
– De-Noise: Signal passes through the de-noise engine only.
– De-Reverb: Signal passes through the de-reverberation engine only.
– Cascade: Signal passes through the de-noise and then the de-reverberation engines.[nbsp]
– Parallel: Signal passes through the de-noise and de-reverberation engines simultaneously. When parallel mode is selected, a fader appears to set the balance between noise and reverb suppression.:
- Dual mode provides separate analysis of two sources, such as two different microphones, for improved noise and/or reverb reduction.[nbsp].
- Advanced Controls for de-noise include a noise time constant, which affects the speed at which the algorithm adapts to noise changes, a processing time constant, which affects the general adaptation speed of the noise suppression engine in Dual Mode, and three flavors of noise reduction: A, B and C.
- Separate reverb time constant controls for low and high frequencies affect the speed at which the algorithm adapts to reverb changes.
- Advanced Artifact Control[nbsp].
- Hi-res graphical display of noise, reverb, dry and processed signals.
- Four adjustable frequency bands provide post-processing adjustment of noise and reverb control in frequency ranges.
- Link button groups the frequency bands together.
- In / Out / Diff buttons provide monitoring of the unprocessed input signal, the processed output signal and the signal being removed by ERA-D.[nbsp].
- ST / L / R buttons provide monitoring of the complete stereo signal or a single channel.