The Kawai-EX Pro sample Library is a fabulous, powerfull and bright 9-foot (276cm) KAWAI EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC.
We worked closely with Lance Herring on this library (this is our second attempt after the AcademicGrand) and decided to give our project a new dimension, we carefully recorded this extraordinary instrument with 3 microphone pairs and state of the art Gear to try and recreate how powerfull and precise this instrument can be.
- 5 “pedal up” layers, 5 “pedal down” layers, and 15 release samples per note.
- Multiple mic position and mixing from the interface.
- Multiple releases depending on time. They have been carefully picked up for each note to really
- reproduce the real mechanical behaviour of a note.
- Sympathetic resonance (pedal down samples).
- Thumps samples and Automatic Pedal noises samples.
- Custom kontakt interface that let you modify the response of the piano as well as its tone and the volume of the releases and the pedal.
- Ability to save polyphony by enabling / disabling each position.