The Model 7 grand piano was sampled from a Yamaha C7 grand coda piano. Our first idea was to sample a CFIII, but when we went to the rental-house we totally fell in love with this one and chose it. This particular piano has been in constant use since the ’80s in two highly praised concert halls in Torino (Italy) and has been played by artists like Michel Petrucciani and Chick Corea along the years. This piano is under constant maintenance by highly-skilled italian technicians. We sampled this little-big monster of a piano in a medium-size hall surrounded by a smorgasbord of microphones.
- 9.12 GB (lossless compressed) library size, 6640 samples.
- 4 microphone sets: Schoeps CMC6 MK4s, Royer 121 ribbons, modded Oktava MK-012s and Neumann M149 stereo room set.
- 11 sustaining dynamic layers, chromatically sampled.
- 8 release trails layers, chromatically sampled.
- independently controllable sustain-pedal resonances.
- key-release noise for added authenticity.
- sustain-pedal down and up noise layers.
- sampled with Millennia, Neve, SSL and Focusrite preamps fed direct into Apogee converters.
- all of the details of the piano recreated through the use of our custom advanced scripting.
- recorded at 24-bit / 96 kHz, released at 24-bit / 44.1 kHz.
- easy-to-use mixer for extreme sound-mangling.
Kontakt engine features:
- custom User Interface.
- velocity curve management.
- piano tone control, makes the piano sound softer or harder under your fingers.
- custom touch response control: set at minimum you’ll get the full sound of the piano with added latency (good for mixing), at higher levels cuts more and more into the piano pre-attack portion allowing for very low perceived latency when needed (good for tracking and live playing).
- fine-tuned three-band EQ for each channel.
- many under the hood techniques to make the piano true to the original (life-like re-pedaling, release trails attenuation, intelligent attenuation of each single dynamic layer for maximum dynamic response…).
- master realism control and specific control over release trails, key off, resonances and pedal noise levels.
- envelope controls.
- 17 custom, high quality IR reverbs.
- 22 (+ 22) compressor + tape presets.
- 34 factory presets + user-savable presets.
- works as stand-alone, AAX, RTAS, AU and VST for Mac and PC.