DRONAR is a deep, expressive and innovative atmospheric sound creator. This first module in the series – The Hybrid Module – creates deep, grainy cutting-edge, evolving cinematic and sci-fi atmospheres with 300 inspiring presets. Future modules will explore different areas of sound and music, and owners of the Hybrid Module will be able to purchase them for less.
A UNIVERSE FROM A SINGLE NOTE
Uniquely, DRONAR creates complex atmospheres from a very small number of notes played (1 to 4 recommended). It spreads out the chord in the mid-range, adds a root bass note, a high note and then adds evolving sound effects. 8 simultaneous different sounds are then animated with LFOs and arpeggiators to bring them to life. The result is rich and dramatic.
A HAND FREE FOR EXPRESSION
All this complexity from a few fingers on one hand frees up your other hand to expressively control the dials with mouse drags or external MIDI controller knobs, and record the changes as a performance in your DAW. Subtle dial movements give instant and deep expression, ideal for soundtracks as well as highly expressive cinematic pads in any genre.
A COMPLETE ATMOSPHERE
Because DRONAR instantly adds low, mid-range and high sounds plus sound effects, you barely need other sounds to quickly create a complete piece of atmospheric, expressive music.
BEGINNER AND EXPERT FRIENDLY
Needing to only play a few notes and move a few dials to get such rich expression is obviously inviting for beginners, but an expert will get much further by knowing what notes to play and how to express emotions using the dials.
THE 6 DIALS (MAIN INTERFACE)
INTENSITY (also controlled by the Mod Wheel) takes you from silent to powerful by fading up through different velocity layers.
MOVEMENT has a global effect on the intensity of the arpeggiators – set it high for strong effects and zero for a flat pad sound.
HI, MID and LO control the automatically generated high notes, mid-range notes and bass notes. Moving these dials has a huge expressive effect on the music. It’s only like using a mixing desk and yet – having it so accessible in front of you encourages you to work with the balance as part of the original creative expression, instead of a mix decision later on.
FX controls the level of 20-second futuristic, unpitched sound effects loops in the mix and add instant movement and complexity.
Then, beyond the shimmering immediacy of the ‘Main Page’ UI awaits a whole other world of expert control, turning DRONAR into a vast modular multi-timbral synth/sampler with multiple independent arpeggiators. It´s addictive!
DRONAR’S PRESET HIERARCHY – BRIEF OVERVIEW
DRONAR starts from hundreds of evolving, 20-second sample loops. 8 of these are loaded into each ‘Drone’ (an .nka preset file in the /Data folder, one loaded onto each ‘Drone Key’), and then there are 12 Drones in each .nki patch (in the /Instruments folder).
- Create a massive universe of sound from a single chord
- Incredibly simple, shimmering interface
- Massive control from 6 powerful dials
- Hold a few notes with one hand and turn the expressive dials with the other
- Vast potential to create amazing, complex atmospheric sounds and expressively perform them
- 300 powerful presets
- 16GB of audio compressed down to 8GB
- Audio by Hollywood trailer sound designer Alessandro Camnasio (Mad Max, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them)
- Expressive live strings performed by players from the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Below the surface, DRONAR is a vast modular multi-timbral synth/sampler with multiple independent arpeggiators.
- Record all your dial movements as DAW automation
- Works beautifully with external MIDI controllers
This library contains Kontakt files for fully purchased Kontakt 5.6 or higher. Will not work in the free Kontakt Player