Publisher: Spitfire Audio
Format: KONTAKT FULL & K’ed 4.2.4+
Quality: 24 bit 48 kHz stereo
Installation: added through the Files tab
Description: Finally, there is a grand piano that sounds like it’s in the same room as your orchestra. This exquisite Steinway Model D concert grand piano was recorded at the world famous AIR Studios, where we recorded our symphony and chamber series. A classic all-rounder ideal for live performances and for adding texture to your scores.
Pianos are usually recorded in a very “scientific” manner, so for larger orchestral mockups and their realizations it is often very difficult to mix. To overcome this obstacle, we simply recorded the piano, like the rest of our modules, with the microphones positioned as they would be for any orchestral session. The end result is a piano sound like any of the great films recorded at AIR Studios.
Each note was recorded by seasoned AIR Studios engineer Jake Jackson using a variety of priceless vintage microphones through Neve ‘Montserrat’ preamps and a superbly maintained Studer 2 tape recorder, and then converted to 96k digital format through the finest Prism AD converters.
The library is represented by four microphone positions, which you can not only mix to suit the situation you are working on, but also automate for sudden changes in focus and depth. They can also be assigned for surround sound and 5.1 use. The library was recorded to both tape and digital simultaneously, so you have the option to switch between the rounder and fuller tone of a tape source, or the slightly brighter and more fragile sound of a digital source.
New in version :
v2.1 (June 2019)
– FIXED: [PB-250] – Tape Sample Starts Timing
– FIXED: [PB-473] – Controllers Inactive
v2.0 (March 2014)
– ADDED: New Mic Mixer presets functionality. Copy / Paste mic settings between open patches or save them as NKA presets.
– ADDED: Velocity response option to the mixer menu (switch between linear, shelf, exponential and logarithmic).
– ADDED: New articulation switcher system from the latest BML codebase.
– ADDED: Ability to select and layer multiple instruments at once by holding SHIFT when clicking the instrument icon.
– ADDED: COG is now part of the main patches
– ADDED: Harp updated to use UACC v2 (see http://spitfire-webassets.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/UACCv2spec.pdf for details)
– ADDED: When in UACC mode, the UACC CC # is shown for reference
– ADDED: UACC KS functionality added to switch articulations via velocity
– UPDATE: Keyswitches moved to the bottom of the keyboard and made consistent in each section
– UPDATE: Performance improvements under the hood.
– UPDATE: Completely reprogrammed dynamics and release logic
– FIX: Changing MIDI channel reinitialises CC sliders so that release samples do not disappear
– FIX: Loading a patch on MIDI channel ‘Omni’ correctly initialises CC sliders