Publisher: Sound Dust
Website: Sound Dust
Quality: 24 bit 44.1 kHz stereo
Description: Saxophones + Harmoniums = SAXOMAPHONY
Sound Dust Saxomaphonium is a hybrid instrument for Contact, made from layers of baritone and alto sax, as well as two old wind organs. In general, the usual instruments were taken, they were beautifully recorded, and then reimagined into something completely new.
With a deep but manageable Contact engine, the Saxomaphonium creates a new reed / metal / wood-based palette that can cover a surprisingly wide range of stunning possibilities.
Looped baritone and alto long notes
Tape treated, looped baritone and alto long notes
Honking goose sax staccato
BPM synced looping harmonium hand-pumped notes
Deep wheezy foot pumped room organ
– Saxophone x 2 – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone long looped notes – 6 velocity layers.
– Tape Saxophone – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone long looped notes – brutalised through Roland Chorus Echo RE501 for lots of wow and flutter – 6 velocity layers.
– Honk – 4 octaves of baritone and alto saxophone staccato notes – 5 velocity layers.
– Harmonium – binaurally recorded portable harmonium with looped BPM synced bellows pumping.
– Pump Organ – binaurally recorded church style pump organ.
– 1140 24bit samples = 2.46GB with Native Instruments propriety compression
– Note Jitter – randomises note on / off timing, velocity values and tuning between articulations
– Chord and Key quantise – selectable to fix scale and chord type across all keys
– Sample start and loop length control per articulation
– All controls fully automatable
– BPM synced pan and volume modulation per articulation
– BPM synced vibrato and chorus per articulation
– 24 custom convolution reverbs per articulation
– 4 insert effects – dirt, eq, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb
– 2 send effects – delay and algorithmic reverb
– Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modeling page
– 55 instrument snapshots
– Handy build in instructions in RTFM page
FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above needed.