Year / Date of Issue: 12/28/2021
Developer: Reason Studios
Developer site: www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/reason-12/
Bit depth: 64bit
Interface language: English
Tabletka: R2R is present
System requirements: – Intel or AMD multi-core processor
– 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended for large ReFills or Rack Extensions)
– 5.5 GB free system disk space required, plus 20 GB for optional content. Additionally, program may use up to 20 GB scratch disk space and additional space for cached graphical assets
– Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
– Monitor with at least 1280×768 resolution
– Audio Interface with ASIO driver
– MIDI interface and a MIDI keyboard recommended
– For using Reason as a VST Plugin, a host with VST3 support is required
Description: Reason 12 is out. What’s new?
The program has improved Rack Extensions functionality, a redesigned Combinator and a new sampler.
Reason Studios has released a new version of DAW Reason 12. The update brings multiple Rack enhancements for working with extensions, a new Mimic Creative Sampler and redesigned Combinator functionality.
The new version of Reason 12 improves the user experience and expands the list of available features, the developers note. According to the company, the new product improves the overall usability: for example, the program received a fully scalable interface for the main program window and add-ons Rack Extensions.
It is noted that the entire Reason Rack, as well as extensions from third-party developers, will automatically adapt to the size of the display. Users will be able to freely change the scale of windows, increase or decrease the elements of the plugin interface.
Reason 12 also received a new plug-in Mimic Creative Sampler, which, according to the creators, significantly expands the sampling capabilities of the program. The new product combines the capabilities of time-stretching and beat-slicing with a granular synthesis engine, which makes sampling “creative and fun”.
The sampler offers four sampling modes – Pitch, Slice, Multi Slot, Multi Pitch. According to the creators, Mimic allows you to create complex multisamples in a few clicks. The plugin’s interface is simple: all controls, setting knobs and other knobs are brought to the fore.
Reason Studios has redesigned the Combinator tool to make it more convenient. So, for example, the section has more CV inputs and control capabilities, supports more patches and simplifies programming. “Combinator” received improved macros, as well as a new editor for faster interface creation.
The update also touches on the built-in browser and content library search capabilities. Searching for information now occurs in real time, and the DAW displays the results as you type a search query.
Reason 12 also includes a new sound bank. The weekly Reason + kits will also be updated to be compatible with the new features of the program.
What’s new in version 12.2.3 :
– Added new Combinator Widgets (controls and switches)
– Improved handling of OpenGL to prevent many graphic artefacts and corruption, especially when using other VSTs that also use OpenGL (e.g. VPS Avenger and IK Multimedia SampleTank 4)
– Fixed a bug that caused some colors to be slightly off on Mac
– Snappier graphics in Combinators and Rack Extension displays
– Updated Save and Load file dialogs on Windows for better HiDPI support
– Slightly smoother scrolling in Rack
– Better handling of unknown font glyphs
– Faster and more robust searching in browser
– Improved handling of shortcuts
– Improved search in network locations on Windows
– Better handling of corrupt browser index database entries