Publisher: Fracture Sounds
Format: KONTAKT 5.3.1+
Quality: 24bit 48kHz stereo
Description: A grand piano played with hammers for cymbals, sampled with incredible detail in the atmosphere of a modern concert hall.
Dulciano is a piano played using dulcimer hammers. This unique hybrid instrument produces a tone similar to a dulcimer or dulcimer, but with longer strings and a larger piano body, giving the instrument a richer tone and longer sustain. The instrument also has a much wider playing range than standard dulcimer or cymbals (A0 to E6).
As with all of our libraries, the goal of this tool was to make the game as easy as possible. We have captured a lot of dynamic characteristics controlled by velocity. The highest velocities fire short single shots, an articulation commonly used in dulcimer music. Continuous continuous rolls are triggered by raising the modulation wheel or using keyboard aftertouch
Dulciano was recorded in a state-of-the-art concert hall (the same hall as many of our other libraries) and includes three configurable mic positions, giving you more flexibility to place the instrument in your mix. The close mics are almost completely dry, thus providing an intimate “studio” sound when soloing. The far mics have just the right amount of ambience for a far-reaching, reverb-free surround sound. The “perspective” slider below the mixer allows you to easily move between the near and far mix. We’ve also included a built-in convolution reverb, offering even more control over the amount of space in the mix.
– Grand piano performed with dulcimer hammers.
– 3 articulations: single notes, 1-shot rolls and sustained rolls – intuitively controlled by velocity and the mod wheel.
– Deep sampled – up to 12 round-robins.
– Recorded in a beautiful concert hall setting.
– 3 microphone positions, easily controlled with the ‘perspective’ slider.
– Simple and user-friendly interface – familiar layout if you’ve used other Fracture Sounds instruments.
– 5.5GB download size (NCW compressed from an 11GB sample pool).
– Requires the full version of Kontakt 5.3 or above.