FL Studio is a full-featured, open architecture, music production environment capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music. FL Studio can be used as a scratchpad for your ideas or to produce completely mastered tracks ready for publication. It will play any sample file (wav), generator (softsynth), VSTi & DXi or midi instrument you feed it. You will be creating wav, mp3 or midi songs or loops only minutes after launching it. FL Studio is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for Windows PCs (or Intel Mac/ Bootcamp). With a full feature-set and aggressive pricing (inc. lifetime free updates), FL Studio may be your ideal DAW! FL Studio can be used as a scratchpad for your ideas or to produce completely mastered tracks ready for publication. FL Studio will play any sample, VSTi, DXi or Buzz plugin fed into it and also comes with its own generators (softsynths) and effects (filters).
– Horizontal zoom – Improved Playlist, Piano roll & Event Editor.
– Piano roll – Vertical zoom now possible & notes include properties view.
– Note handle – On note selection to rescale length
– Piano roll wave-display – Align notes to audio events.
– Magic lasso – Circle mouse around Notes or Clips to make a selection.
– Autosave / Autobackup – See F10 File options.
– Browser Autohide – See the Browser menu options.
– Lock Playlist tracks to clips – Right-click on Playlist tracks to lock and mimic Bock-tracks.
– Shift + Mouse Wheel – Move Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks & Patterns
Notable fixes/changes in FL Studio 9.5 •Larger mixer view & waveform metering – The Mixer View options include ‘Wide tracks’ and ‘Waveforms’.
– Individually sizable Playlist tracks – Any or all Playlist tracks can now be resized by dragging on the divider between the name areas. Individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size.
– Live Playlist marker types – Playlist markers can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for innovative live performances.
– 64 bit plugin support – The Wrapper now automatically detects 64 bit plugins and opens them in 64 Bit ‘Bridged’ mode.
– Improved memory management – Two changes have been made to lower demands on FL Studio’s memory allocation.
- 32 & 64 Bit VST plugins can be opened in ‘Bridged’ mode that runs the plugin and its memory allocation in a separate process.
- Audio Clips & Sampler Channels Keep on disk option now opens the sample in a separate memory allocation.
– Improved audio options – ASIO: ‘Mix in bufferswitch’ and ‘Triple buffer’ may improve performance with some ASIO drivers. ASIO/Primary Sound: Revised ‘Playback tracking’ options to help with alignment of visual & recorded events where soundcard problems exist.
– Fully automatic PDC – The default for new projects, automatic Plugin Delay Compensation updates the PDC settings when changes are detected.
– Piano roll transport control – Editing in the Piano roll while in Song mode will now move the Playlist transport in sync with the Piano roll.
– Ctrl+B (Clips & Notes) – Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
– Piano roll – Rounded notes view.
– Left-Shift resize splits – Works on Clips in the Playlist or notes/chords in the Piano roll.
What’s New in Version 12.1.2:
Additions and changes:
– New and improved Video Player plugin
– Update main window caption when project title is edited
– Launchpad MK2 support
– Shortcut for stretch on/off in playlist is now Shift+M instead of Shift+S
– Fixed cursor for slip tool – when not over a clip – from “brush” to “pen”
– Ignore search paths that have been disabled in Plugin Manager
– Cloned channels no longer cut themselves (if the original channel didn’t either)
– Fixed loading generator from “more plugins” window after fast scan
– Fixed updating mixer track selectors when moving tracks
– 3xOsc: fixed sound of analogue saw shape (64bit)
– Control Surface: fixed scaling of controls
– Newtone: fixed crash getting date from file
– Sytrus: fix for crash with LP2 filter
– Sytrus: fixed waveshaper sound (64bit)
– Video Player: fixed playback when FL counts down before playing