Year/Date of Issue: 08.2021
Developer site: u-he
Format: VST, VST3, AAX* (MOD.), NKS
Bit depth: 32bit, 64bit
Tabletka: cured (install and run) | VR
System Requirements: Windows 7 or newer, 1GB RAM, more recommended, Modern CPU required: Intel Nehalem or newer, AMD Bulldozer or newer
Description: u-he Presswerk is a powerful dynamics processor with a musical soul. The easy-to-use interface and rich feature set gives you hands-on control over every detail of your sound. Presswerk does not imitate well-known compressors, it combines the warmth (as digitally possible) of classic models of hardware devices.
The plugin includes the characteristics of classic compressors, and includes a large number of parameters and options for their use. Presswerk has several display modes that give you a choice of 3 classic devices, and also allows you to select the topology, control the stage before and after suture, and has an Analog mode that allows you to recreate the phase response and transient behavior of classic equipment.
– Sidechaining: use ducking to create more space in your mixes, or get creative with keying and pumping effects.
NOTE: For help on how to get Presswerk sidechained in your DAW, please read these instructions compiled by our KVR forum members.
– Adjustable compression curve and envelope. Find the best settings, get the most out of your audio using the soft knee, compression ratio, attack and release and other controls.
– Loud. Oh yes, Presswerk is more than capable of making your tracks louder!
– Soft clip. Roll off those harsh peaks and avoid distortion when output levels get too high.
..plus what we added to enhance Presswerk’s capabilities:
– 6 special views for better workflow: Drum Compressor, Vocal Compressor, M/S Program Compressor, Easy Compressor, Bus Compressor, Limiter (see the screen shots above).
M/S mode. More detailed stereo signal processing
– Dual Phase Rotator (DPR): applies a radio broadcaster’s trick to reduce unwanted asymmetries in the signal. It smears phases, increases headroom a little and adds bass ‘oomph’.
– Saturation. This is where Presswerk really shines—adding color and character to your audio. – Apply Saturation sparingly for subtle warmth and transient-taming, or crank it up to create tape overdrive-like effects.
– Internal parallel compression. The Mix controls let you blend the compressed and uncompressed signals. This helps preserve some of the original, natural dynamics.
– Variable detection topologies:
* Feed-forward is modern and ‘surgical’, it tracks the input very precisely.
* Feed-back is ‘musical’, loose-sounding and forgiving—like classic hardware.
* Interactive continuously analyzes the signal and blends FF and FB accordingly.
– adjust and store global preferences
– new MIDI learn controls