Publisher: Muletone Audio
Quality: 24 bit 44.1 kHz stereo
Description: Three sample libraries from the Muletone Audio Brazilian Series:
Muletone Audio presents the Brazilian Series. Instruments from Brazil with a unique focus in their playability and their musical language. With an entirely Brazilian production muletone explores each instrument in minute detail. Unlike others libraries the Brazilian Series “brings a real depth and perspective of Brazil’s instruments respecting their individual characteristics.
Two cuícas of distinct sounds were sampled. The Cuíca was played by the great Brazilian percussionist Luciano “Cuíca Play” (Simoninha / G.R.E.S. São Clemente – Rio de Janeiro).
Despite it’s East/African origin the Cuíca has become a genuine instrument in Brazil. As part of samba schools from the 1930’s the Cuíca is present in various aspects of Brazilian music and became a tool with features typical of Brazil. It’s execution combines technical, swing and has a unique sound.
Two sticks were used, a traditional wooden stick and a plastic five stick used in samba schools. The samples have more than 10 dynamic notes, ghost notes, hoops and characteristic Brazilian rhythms.
Very common in Brazilian music, The Tamborim reveals much of the percussive wealth of Brazil. Used mainly by “samba schools” (Escolas de Samba) of Rio de Janeiro and traditional Sambas, this instrument represents much of the typical rhythm of Brazilian music.
The Pandeiros were performed by percussionist Paulo Gomes, night musician of “rodas mineiras” – spontaneous gatherings of musicians that play Samba and Choro throughout the city.
The library has four different Pandeiros produced by two major Brazilian Luthiers; Warley Dyorman and Jose Augusto. Each Pandeiro has different components, two of them were handmade with platinum and worked in bronze. Some of the greatest percussionists from Brazil and the world use the Pandeiro of José Augusto; Marco Lobo (Billy Cobham), Anselmo Neto (Gilberto Gil), Ricardo Acácio (Hamilton de Holanda) and others.
Each Pandeiro has more than 20 dynamics and 80 different samples in the Round Robin every detail has been captured offering maximum dynamics. The rhythm section has variations in Brazilian styles and delivers more than 200 loops carefully prepared to be used in any musical project. Each Loop preserves the musical performance and swing while maintaining the beat.
• No hundreds of effects and loads of knobs which you don’t use. Each effect has been made to enhance the sample intelligently.
Full Kontakt 5.5 Required
• PC 2.0Ghz+, 2GB Ram
• MAC 2.0Ghz, 2GB Ram
• Sample Resolution: 44.1Khz/24-Bit Stereo Compressed (.NCW) Format.
• All the samples are recorded using the quality of Apogee converters and preamps. Everything recorded at 44100Hz, 24bit.
• The samples offer from the slightest touch to the strongest attack providing more freedom to create dynamic rhythms and beats.
• Use the convolution reverb and create a perfect environment. Unlike other Brazilian libraries each instrument is recorded with dry ambience preserving the real character of the instrument.